We all know the numbers. The average Mary Kay Representativefenrolls only two people into her Business before they either quit or move on to another company. Now, I know that there are a few legitimate reasons, but I am in it with you, with my own unit and I know that the biggest problem I faced and I see my women face is rejection!!
The main reason why the average Mary Kay representative only recruits two people is becauseshe only approaches ten to twenty people before the pain of rejection either runs her out of her business or out of the industry all together.
Every director or national I know that succeeds in this business deals with this issue. So, heres the light at the end of the tunnel. Success in your Mary Kay business, or any business for that matter, depends on your willingness to over come fears and conditionings…rejection being one of the most stubborn. Being aware of this is a huge step in the right direction.
So your problem is not your product, Mary Kay, your leadership or the industry. Its your fears. I know this because when I started, it was my fears. So how do you know you have fears? Well, do you have a chicken list? Do you get nervous when approaching people about your Mary Kay opportunity? Does your business activity lack a serious daily commitment to meeting twenty new people a week? Would you rather gnaw off your right arm than give your business presentation to a room full of more than ten strangers??
Ok lets deal with it. This is the classic self esteem issues and for most women it permeates many aspects of your life from the money you make to the relationships you create and maintain, to the jobs you accept. Here is my experience. Being a Black woman I was afraid to approach people who were White (yeah I know its stupid… now!) or who I thought was more educated, more powerful or more successful than I was. Keep in mind that I never had any concrete evidence that they actually were, it was just my perception, although I could easily identify the ones who were White.
I was plagued with a self talk that went something like "I can't talk to them because…" and I had a list of excuses why this wasn't for them. I got nervous in crowds of what I thought was successful women so I just wouldn't approach them and soon found myself on my way home lucky if I approached two women, sound familiar? We're all familiar with the realities of this business in this regard.
The women who succeed are the ones who overcome these things. If you doubt what I am saying, take a copy of this article to the most successful Mary Kay Representative in your organization and see what they say. Since I already know what they're going to say I'm going to move on to the solution:
1. Acknowledge that its your fear and conditioning that holds you back. For me there was a great deal of power and freedom in acknowledging that I was afraid.
2. Recognize that your fears are not real because there is no such reality as one woman being better than another. That is an illusion created and perpetuated by people who have self esteem issues.
3. Sell out on the idea that you don't need to compare yourself with anybody because you're uniquely your own person. You were never meant to be like anyone, similar yes, but uniquely different at the same time. No matter what you're taught or learn' when you express it, it will be uniquely your own. It may be the same words verbatim but it will be delivered with your unique style and personality.
4. Your success will develop in your own time. Even overcoming your fears will happen in your unique time frame just remember that you determine the time frame. You can do it sooner or later. How important is your vision for your life and how rigorously do you want to get after it. Your leadership will always be playing on the side of sooner.
5. Let go of your conditioning. Many women I know put so much energy in to holding on to, instead of letting go of past conditioning. Consider the source of your past conditioning. If those people were not living the life style you envision for yourself than its very likely they taught you a bunch of stuff that will not help you create the life you want. I'm sure that they were decent people in most cases…understand that decency is not the point.
Your success and the success of your unit is not tied up in the money they make, rather it is in the freedom from the conditioning of limiting beliefs that we have all been exposed to… and the embrace of the reality of the true power that we all possess as woman to create and live the life of our choosing. Your greatest sale will be convincing your self and your team that the vision they have in their hearts…IS REAL!!!
Incoming search terms:
- afraid to become mary kay representative
- Mary Kay Sales Director website Spanish
- how to get past the rejection selling mary kay
- how to approach women to sell mary kay
- how to approach strangers about mary kay
- how do i approach strangers to sell mary kay
- black mary kay sales directors
- how to approach a lady to sell mary kay
- mary kay overcome rejection
- mary kay overcoming fear
Selling Mary Kay Related Posts: