If you take a moment and let that marinate in your mind you will get the enormity of that statement. And if you look around at all of Mary Kay's top earners you will find with out exception every one of them is building a business, not just a unit. And each person who comes into their unit they also teach to build a business not just a unit.
That is part of what attracts people. Now, to do that we must take a huge step up in our thinking. I have a friend who owns five McDonald's franchises. Each one of them a separate independent efficient business. So he is way beyond the idea of being a hamburger distributor. He is an independent business owner and he acts every bit the part
Many of you know that in order to have a Mcdonald's you have to first graduate from Hamburger U their training facility in Chicago. There is where they are taught the entire business system. Accounting, marketing, operations, maintenance, all integrated systems working together to create an entire success environment.
This is the new face of selling Mary Kay Perhaps its always been like that and it was just to big of a concept for most of us to have seen when we first started. But now that we do, lets get busy with building our UNIT BUSINESSES! Here are a few tips to get your started.
Selling Mary Kay As A Complete Business System
1. Accept the idea that you are an independent business not just an independent distributor. The activity and look of an independent Mary Kay business is far different then that of an independent distributor. Nothing wrong with either one of those perspectives but you get to choose who you intend to be in this industry.
2. Get coaching from people who understand the "selling Mary Kay as a complete business system" concept. Especially as it exists today particularly because of the power of the internet.
3. Make the investment necessary to be at the top of your game, not just in the game. That includes both time and money. Yes I know that you can get a lot of stuff free; auto responders, article spinners and the like. But there are enormous differences in levels of professionalism, service and quality between the two. And I've done both.
After using a few free services I decided to pay for many of them because I just couldn't get the results I wanted. The other thought that occurred to me was "why was I trying to be so cheap about it in the first place, what was that about? The first business I owned I invested $20,000.00 in just to get the doors opened. and the potential return wasn't nearly as great.
4. Be willing to do the work. Come on ladies! We all know that the biggest reason why women fail in this business is because they are not willing to work as hard for themselves as they are for other people. Try being late for work at your job and see how they re-act to that. Yet I know many Mary Kay Representatives who will not show up on time in their own business according to the schedule they made. and many days they don't show up for work at all. Its not the business that doesn't work… its the idea that you can treat your business with that kind of disdain and expect any level of success to come from it. Lets put the WORK back in NetWORK Marketing.
5. Change your mind. That willingness to work harder for other people than you do for your self that I mentioned above, is a conditioning that you have been taught. You can change that if you choose to. Now I know being in business is not for every one, but that is a decision you get to make for yourself. You can't do this solely for the money and expect it to work. You've got to feel it in your soul.
For most of being a Mary Kay Representative is an extremely personal undertaking. Our hopes and dreams for the future, the love we hold for family and friends, the responsibility we all carry to live and work at the peak of our individual ability. All of these are the reasons we become a Mary Kay representative …and more. To that end we have made our commitment.
Incoming search terms:
- mary kay top earners
- mary kay marketing ideas
- Why not Mary Kay
- mary kay concept
- Mary Kay business accounting
- mary kay consultant ideas
- mary kay ideas for selling
- ideas for selling mary kay
- ways to market your mary kay business
- ideas on how to work with other businesses to sell mary kay
Selling Mary Kay Related Posts: